R5-D4, also called "Red" by Luke Skywalker, was a red and white-striped R5 astromech droid owned by a group of Jawas on Tatooine in the early days of the Galactic Civil War. Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, the Jawas attempted to sell him to Owen Lars, but the droid purposely malfunctioned his motivator at the advice of R2-D2, so that Lars could purchase R2-D2 in R5-D4's place. The droid survived an Imperial attack on the sandcrawler soon after, and went out to find the Rebellion. R5 was still active by the time of the New Republic Era, and eventually came into the service of Mos Eisley hangar manager Peli Motto. He projected a map of Tatooine in order to assist the Mandalorian Din Djarin.
You can see R5-D4 in:
- Episode II: Attack of the Clones, 22 BBY (3 years old)
- Episode IV: A New Hope, 0 BBY (25 years old)
- The Mandalorian, 9 ABY (34 years old)
- The Book of Boba Fett, 9 ABY (34 years old)
- Galaxy's Edge, 34 ABY (59 years old)